Grief and grieving. It’s traumatic. It’s awkward. It’s painful.
How often do you walk into the session or the patient’s room knowing that your education did not prepare you for this? How often do you miss having the right words, phrases and the right actions to console?
As professionals we are expected to have the right words at hand, the right actions to recommend, and the right response. Most of us fail shamefully due to a lack of grief emphasis in our training. Every client we will see will experience loss in their life.
Join David Kessler, international grief expert, author and practitioner and transform your practice, your life, and learn the art of caring for the grieving. You will then know the right words and actions to truly be of help to the dying and grieving.
David’s personal experience of witnessing a mass shooting as a child and its aftermath helped him begin his journey as a grief healer. Through his work with Elisabeth Kübler-Ross and Mother Teresa, he has helped thousands of people face life and death with peace, dignity and courage. From working with Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Landon, and Anthony Perkins to seeing up-close the devastation and heroic response of so many at 9/11, Ground Zero, and Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedies, David lives the work he teaches.
- Explore the dynamics of different types of grief and the healing processes associated with each.
- Specify age appropriate grieving milestones that occur across the lifespan.
- Articulate the somatic response to grief and identify how to manage residual grief in the body.
- Consider why children are often the “forgotten grievers” and identify strategies for helping this population.
- Analyze the efficacy of positive psychology interventions in treating grief.
- Ascertain the relationship between traumatic events and grief as it relates to the healing process.
Counselors, Social Workers, Psychologists, Nurses, Case Managers, Marriage & Family Therapists, Chaplains/Clergy Hospitals,Palliative Care Services, Other Mental Health Professionals
Thursday July 24 , 2018
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
11:50 am – 1:00 pm lunch break
Only $99 Including CEUs.
|Monday – Friday||9:00 – 5:00|